Whenever we plan a trip or vacation usually it used to be a short trip to a particular place and we try to cover most of the places within short span of time and as London is the capital and biggest city of England have different events places, festivals museums theater play so it is quite impossible to cover all in short span of time.
So here we are providing you some of the places you can cover within your shorts depending on the number of days you plan to stay in london.
1. One Day Journey in London
In case you want see London in a day you can do the following things;
- Take a Ride on the London Eye located on the south bank of the River Thames in London, which is quite a thrilling and eye feasting where you can enjoy both the ride, and have a view of the River Thames.
- Secondly you can go for a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour where you can have an overview of the entire city where you can come across several places like Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, and the River Thames.
2. Two Days Journey in London
For two days out in London you can visit the following Places;
- You can visit Westminster Abbey which is the site of the coronation of the monarchs of England, royal weddings, and the funeral of Princess Diana which usually open at morning.
- Secondly you can visit the Buckingham Palace which is a fifteen minutes drive so you can get a view of the palace in case you are lucky enough you can watch the Changing of the Guards ceremony.
- Thirdly you can visit the museum known as the Churchill Museum where you can learn about the life and legacy of Winston Churchill.
- Fourthly from the Churchill Museum by walking you can visit the Big Ben Walk across Westminster Bridge and take a look back towards Parliament.
- Fifthly walk through Downing Street which is the official home of the British Prime Minister where you can walk through the Trafalgar Square which is famous public Square for anti-war demonstrations, New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Lastly you can visit the Covent Garden in the West End that is now a popular shopping and dining area with many restaurants and shops in Apple Market.
3. Three Days Journey in London
Following are the places you can visit on your three day trips;
- Visit the Tower of London has served as a royal palace, prison, execution, stronghold for riches, and the symbol of the monarchy in England. You can also explore the tower walls and tour the White Tower and visit its museum with exhibits containing executioner’s blocks and the Royal Armory.
- Secondly visit the Tower Bridge, the London’s famous bridge, walking across the bridge which is free you can view down the River Thames.
- Thirdly by walking west you can view The Shard which is the highest view over London.
- Fourthly from The Shard, walk a few blocks to Borough Market from there you can go to Global Theater where plays written by Shakespeare are hosted.
- Next to Global Theater there is Tate Modern, a museum that is home to modern art.
4. Four Days Journey in London
Following are the places you can visit on your four days trips;
- The National Gallery is the most popular art gallery in London, located in Trafalgar Square, which is a must visit, for paintings.
- From the National Gallery you can visit the Piccadilly Circus which is a very busy spot in London; from there you can visit the major shopping street in London to Regent Street.
- You can also visit the Old Royal Naval College located in Greenwich which is being used as a filming location for many famous movies.
- Lastly you can visit Cutty Sark the fastest ship of her time where tours are available daily.
5. Five Days Journey London
The places you can visit during the five days are as follows;
- You can visit the British Museum which is one of the world’s greatest museums, where you can find Egyptian mummies, the Rosetta Stone, a massive collection of historical artifacts.
- Secondly you can head to Portobello Road Market which is the world’s largest antique market.
- Thirdly you can visit the Victoria and Albert Museum is the world’s largest museum of decoration arts and design and also visit the Natural History Museum which is a wildlife and geological exhibits.
- Fourthly visit the Harrods one of the most popular department stores in the world where things for sale like jewelry, electronics, furniture, clothing, and stationary are available.
- Lastly you can visit the Kew garden which is quite a beautiful garden where you can spend a few hours.
Apart from these there are various places, events and food festivals which are held annually in London where you can visit depending on the time and duration of your visit. There are lot more free things to do in london and things to do while you are on a date in london.